HemoLab is an independent R&D company specialized in medical engineering, technology development and product evaluation with specific focus on research on and testing of medical devices, diagnostic technology, intervention strategies and therapies.
With in-depth knowledge, state-of-the-art technology and extensive facilities the company offers R&D services to the biomedical industry, clinics and academia. HemoLab is an innovation platform with strong emphasis on cardiovascular R&D activities in the pre-clinical stage of product development.
HemoLab is a high-tech spin-off company (SME) of the Eindhoven University of Technology offering dedicated research and development (R&D) services in biomedical technology. Core business activities comprise contract research, product and enabling technology development, consultancy, and medical device testing and evaluation. Additionally, HemoLab develops and provides research products for high level R&D applications. Key expertise in performing contract R&D covers a wide range of applications within the biomedical field.
HemoLab operates as an independent body and takes a prominent position in high-tech biomedical engineering providing complementary expertise, knowledge and state-of-the-art technology to the biomedical industry, clinic and academia. The widely acknowledged expertise and R&D facilities can lead products or new technologies towards an efficient implementation and higher level of application.
Industry, clinics and academia active in the field of biomedical technology regarding research, development and evaluation of innovative technologies, products, diagnostics, therapies, etc.
Core business activities
At the request of the biomedical industry, clinics and academia, we perform dedicated contract activities regarding: Cardiovascular engineering comprising independent contract R&D, testing and consultancy.
Our work area is from idea, prototyping to pre-clinical testing using:
- scientific knowledge and long-standing expertise
- innovative technology (computational/in-vitro/ex-vivo)
- extended laboratory facilities
The field of application includes but is not limited to (physics of) cardiovascular systems, implants, devices, diagnostics. Development of enabling technology and products, such as:
- (custom-made) circulatory systems
- (custom-made) bioreactors
- cardiovascular phantoms
- measurement equipment
- dedicated software modules
- high quality (living) tissue and organs for R&D
Training by using state-of-the-art facilities for hands-on training of:
Besides contract related activities we participate as a partner in a large number of international R&D projects.
Technologies & facilities
- In-vitro systems
- Ex-vivo systems
- Multimodal test platforms
- Simulation models
- Computer models
- Simulation software
- Circulatory systems
- Tissue and organ preservation systems
- Ultrasound diagnostic equipment
- MRI facility
- Micro CT scanner
- X-ray facility
- Scanning Electron Microscope
- Stereo microscopes
- Hemodynamic measurement equipment
- Hemocompatibility test platform
- Mechanical/Hemodynamic sensors
- PIV/LDA laser measurement equipment
- Videoscopy/endoscopy equipment
- High-speed video equipment
- Metabolism monitoring equipment
- Heart-lung machine
HemoLab has several laboratories to offer:
- 250m2 bioengineering laboratory
- 60m2 chemistry laboratory
- 200m2 tissue engineering laboratory
- 150m2 microscopy laboratory
- 100m2 computer laboratory
Other technologies and facilities are available through partner organizations
HemoLab is located at the University Campus in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.